The NCC, Volume Three, also known as the PCA, contains the technical requirements for the design and construction of plumbing and drainage systems in new and existing buildings.
The PCA is developed through a rigorous process of consultation, industry forums, proposals for change and ABCB commissioned research.
Plumbing Code Research
A number of PCA Research and Development Projects have recently been completed or are underway. These projects provide valuable information and input into the development of the PCA.
- Sanitary plumbing and drainage pipe sizing
- Cross-connection control (backflow prevention)
- Warm water systems
- Rainwater harvesting and use
- Lead in plumbing products
- Water services pipe sizing
Plumbing resources are available in our Resource library.