The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) can assist on National Construction Code (NCC) related matters. However, before contacting us please understand that the ABCB is not responsible for:
- advice on specific construction projects, including dispute resolutions, rulings, interpretations or decisions on compliance;
- State or Territory variations to the NCC;
- workmanship, quality control, or other building-related aspects not specifically covered by the NCC;
- administrative documents such as contracts, permits and compliance inspection reports;
- regulatory offences and penalties and appeal processes;
- licencing and auditing of building and plumbing practitioners; and
- planning issues, such as land use, zoning and plot ratios.
To find out more, and what the ABCB is responsible for, please refer to the ABCB Office.