Frequently Asked Questions
The NCC has three volumes:
- Volume One contains the requirements for multi-residential, commercial, industrial, public buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Two contains the requirements for residential buildings, non-habitable buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Three contains the requirements for plumbing and drainage for all classes of buildings.
View or Download through the NCC Suite.
The How it works section explains how to have a product certified.
The WaterMark Schedule of products lists the products that require certification. The WaterMark Schedule of excluded products lists the products that do not require certification. If you cannot locate the product on either of these lists, the product may require a risk assessment to be undertaken to determine whether or not WaterMark certification is required.
This will depend on:
- whether the product’s status in the improved Scheme is confirmed as included or excluded or remains unconfirmed (refer FAQ 4. And FAQ 5); and
- whether the issuing Approved Certifier has transitioned their accreditation to the improved Scheme or not; and
- whether the existing product certification is for Level 1 or Level 2.
Refer to the Notice of Direction 2017/3.1, Improved WaterMark Scheme Transition Arrangements, to determine how to proceed.