NCC 2019, Volume One (Version 1.2)
Public Comment Draft
The Public Comment Draft for NCC 2019, Volume One includes:
- new quantified performance metrics and Verification Methods;
- improved fire safety measures;
- removing the ability to use bonded laminated material where a non-combustible material is required;
- increased levels of energy efficiency for commercial buildings; and
- improved readability, including standardised Governing Requirements across the NCC.
Version 1.1 contains an additional row to Table E1.5 that requires sprinkler protection to Class 2 and 3 buildings and Class 4 parts of a building that are greater than three storeys in height yet less than 25m in effective height.
Version 1.2 contains corrections to proposed Verification Method DV3.
Please note: the Public Comment Draft for Section J for NCC 2019 Volume One has been extended until COB Friday, 20 April 2018 to correspond with the public comment period for the Consultation RIS. Feedback on all other available Consultation RIS' closes COB Friday, 13 April 2018.