Procedures and Guidance
The following documents outline the requirements and procedures for the evaluation, certification and authorisation of products and the risk assessment process:
- NCC Volume Three, Section G contains the procedures for certification of plumbing and drainage products for authorised use in new installation and alterations, additions, replacement and repairs to existing installations. Note: Section G will not be included in NCC 2016. This information will be included in the consolidated WaterMark Scheme Rules, to be published prior to the launch of the improved WaterMark Certification Scheme.
- Trade Mark Rules approved by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, governs the use of the WaterMark trade mark, which includes the WaterMark Approved Certifier Agreement and Approved User Agreement.
- ABCB Manual for the Assessment of Risks of Plumbing Products is intended for use by the WMCAB involved in the process of risk identification, risk analysis, risk assessment and risk treatment of plumbing and drainage materials and products. The objective of the manual is to provide a systematic approach to the assessment of risks of plumbing or drainage materials and products. In addition, it recommends the most appropriate level of control and a method of identifying critical features, which should be addressed in the products specification. The risk assessment provides the consequence scope that determines the level of certification required. Note: This document replaces MP78:1999 Manual for the assessment of risks of plumbing products.
The following documents provide detailed guidance on authorisation procedures and the development of a technical specification:
- Procedures for Certification of Plumbing and Drainage Products provide an outline of WaterMark, which is based on a single certification mark. This document set provides guidance on the marking of products and procedures for certification. Note: This document replaces AS 5200.00:2006 procedures for certification of plumbing and drainage products.
- Procedure for Developing Technical Specifications provides writers of technical specifications of plumbing and drainage products with guidance and specific requirements to enable product certification in accordance with the requirements of the WaterMark Scheme Rules. Note: This document replaces ATS 5200.999:2005 Developing technical specifications.
- WaterMark Technical Specification Template is an electronic template for the drafting of technical specifications.
- Deed of Assignment and Licence of Intellectual Property provides confirmation to the ABCB that Intellectual Property rights within a WaterMark Technical Specification to be published by the ABCB are assigned to the ABCB. The Contributor(s) of the WaterMark Technical Specification must complete this Deed and provide it to ABCB for execution.