NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft is now available
The consultation period for proposed changes for NCC 2019 is now open and the ABCB is seeking your feedback.
The NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft sees a number of proposed changes resulting from major project work done by the ABCB and the Proposal for change (PFC) process. These changes aim to deliver a contemporary code without compromising minimum standards for buildings and plumbing systems.
Some of these key changes include:
- New quantified performance metrics and Verification Methods;
- Improved fire safety measures;
- Removing the ability to use bonded laminated material where a non-combustible material is required (further information is in the supporting overview document);
- Increased levels of energy efficiency for commercial buildings;
- Revised Acceptable Construction Practices (ACPs) in NCC Volume Two;
- New Acceptable Plumbing Practices (APPs) in NCC Volume Three; and
- Improved readability including standardised Governing Requirements across the NCC.
The full details of the changes are provided in NCC Public Comment Draft. In addition, some of the proposed changes have supporting materials further explaining them.
Feedback is invited on the proposed changes by COB Friday,13 April 2018
Regulatory Impact Analysis
Substantial changes to the NCC require assessment to determine the likely costs and benefits of their impact through ‘Regulatory Impact Analysis’. Relevant Consultation RIS’ will be downloadable from Friday, 2 March 2018 from the Resource Library.