Frequently Asked Questions
NCC Tutor is ready-made content provided as 9 individual PowerPoint presentations. You can choose to deliver the content as a presentation, webinar, online training, or through another medium that suits your needs. Because it is licensed the content cannot be altered in any way. NCC Tutor: What's inside? provided further detail about NCC Tutor.
The 9 topics covered include:
- Australian Regulatory Framework for Building and Plumbing
- Using the NCC
- NCC: A Performance Based Code
- NCC Volume One
- NCC Volume Two
- NCC Volume Three
- NCC Volume One, Disability Access
- NCC Volume One, Energy Efficiency
- NCC Volume Two, Energy Efficiency
Each presentation is approximately 45 slides and accompanied by multiple choice questions.
NCP is an acronym for “non-compliant product”. A non-compliant product or material is not ‘fit for purpose’. It is used in situations that do not comply with the requirements of the NCC.
This will depend on:
- whether the product’s status in the improved Scheme is confirmed as included or excluded or remains unconfirmed (refer FAQ 4. And FAQ 5); and
- whether the issuing Approved Certifier has transitioned their accreditation to the improved Scheme or not; and
- whether the existing product certification is for Level 1 or Level 2.
Refer to the Notice of Direction 2017/3.1, Improved WaterMark Scheme Transition Arrangements, to determine how to proceed.