Frequently Asked Questions
The NCC has three volumes:
- Volume One contains the requirements for multi-residential, commercial, industrial, public buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Two contains the requirements for residential buildings, non-habitable buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Three contains the requirements for plumbing and drainage for all classes of buildings.
Compliance is achieved by meeting the Performance Requirements. Refer to How it works for more information on the structure of the NCC.
The Performance Requirements can be found:
- at the start of each Section in NCC Volume One
- Section 2 contains all the Performance Requirements for NCC Volume Two
- at the start of each Part in NCC Volume Three